The SyncBox12 for Canopy is a GPS sync receiver which is fully compatible with Motorola Canopy Access Points and Backhaul radios. It contains everything necessary to receive the high-accuracy timing signal from the GPS constellation which Canopy radios need to provide reliable service. It is mounted in a waterproof outdoor enclosure.
The SyncBox12 has numerous connectors in its interior:
- 12 Canopy compatible sync ports (6P6C). Permits up to 12 Canopy AP or BH radios to receive sync from this device via the timing (not power) port.
- One pair of RJ45 parasitic power ports which permit power to be borrowed from a nearby AP - eliminates the need for a separate power cable up the tower.
- One RJ45 "SyncInjector Port" which can either be used to connect a SyncInjector at the site to add timing over power to a site (in addition to the 12 timing over timing port connections provided by this device). It may also be used to power the device using a SyncPipe power supply.
- Fully populates the GPS status screen on timing-port attached radios
- Compatible with power supplies between 12V and 60V. Consumes approximately 1/2W.
- Fully outdoor rated. Operates from below -20°F to over 120°F.
- Integrated GPS antenna, no external antenna or antenna cable needed.
Note: If you want to power this device without using either a PowerInjector Plus Sync or the parasitic passthrough functionality, you will need either a standard canopy power supply, or our SyncPipe power supply. Both sold separately.